How to Get Your Home Back After a Fire
Whether it is a small kitchen fire or a full room gutted, fire is a devastating experience for your home or office. Along with the fear and trauma of witnessing a fire burn your belongings, you may have an overwhelming sense of despair when you think about how to fix it all. With professional fire damage repair services, you can relax and let the experts restore your home or office building to its pre-loss condition. Fire mitigation involves much more than removing the burned pieces. Smoke alone can damage areas that were not touched by the fire, and the water used to put out the fire needs to be properly cleaned too.
Common Causes of House Fires
• Cooking fires are the most common cause of house fires. They may only destroy your stove and surrounding area or they can spread to other rooms and consume the whole house.
• The heating system needs to be regularly checked to make sure it is not a fire hazard. Combustibles such as paint should not be stored near the heating system.
• Electrical fires happen because of old, frayed cords and overloaded sockets. This may include faulty wiring. If you live in an old apartment or house, you should ask your fire department to check your wiring.
• Candles and holiday decorations are also a main cause of fire during the season. Never leave children near candles or fireplaces and make sure your holiday lights are fire-safe.
• Barbecues and grills need a lot of space for the smoke and grease to escape. Do not grill under an awning or overhang that can catch fire.
What to Expect
After a devastating fire, you want your home back as soon as possible. Fire and smoke damage needs to be removed quickly so the structural damage can be restored. Photos can be taken by the restoration company if they are needed for insurance purposes. If the fire was put out with water, there may be hidden water damage that should be removed by an expert so mold does not start to grow. Your home will need to be cleaned, deodorized, structurally repaired and the contents restored.
You can return your home to its pre-loss condition if you call a professional restoration service as soon as possible after a fire. Not only will it clean the burned debris, it will completely repair your kitchen, staircase, garage or any other room that was destroyed.