When I was growing up my mom always used the delicious and traditional Pasta Ragu Sauce. I remember coming home and walking into the house smelling that delicious smell of what’s to come! As I got older I asked my mom all kinds of questions about how she makes her sauce. Back then I didn’t realize that you could buy sauce and it’s ready for use! I found this amazing, that was all it took for me to start cooking for my family all by myself! We always Simmered in Tradition and I still do to this day!
I love when I’m cooking a delicious meal using Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce with my homemade ravioli! It just completely finishes the meal, it’s so amazing! Plus when I smell the house it just brings back memories of coming home and just taking a big wiff of the air and yelling Spaghetti or Lasagna, Ma?
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Meat Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce
One of the main reasons, I really love Ragu Homestyle Pasta sauces is because they make the New & Delicious Homestyle Pasta sauce in several different AMAZING Homestyle flavors! It’s not just a thick sauce, it’s Thick and it’s Hearty! That’s homestyle to me, it has little pieces in sauce you can taste and chew, I love a little veggie texture from a Delicious Homestyle Pasta Sauce like Ragu! Something else, I love about these new sauces is you can use it straight from the jar and it gives your meal a scrumptious robust flavor your family will love and will come back for more, every time!
My family loves my homemade ravioli so much, I have to keep it on hand in the freezer all the time! Today I took some out of freezer to make for the Family. I boiled them up till almost done and then set aside to cool. I put 1 egg in a small bowl and whisked up the egg. I also added in another dish some finely ground almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano and pizza seasoning. Whisked the dry together, dip the cool ravioli in the egg and then in the crumb mixture. Then fry till golden brown. I didn’t time or measure anything when it came to the crumbs for the ravioli.
He absolutely loved the the Fried Ravioli and couldn’t even go sit at the table to eat! He said the sauce was just a perfect match for my homemade fried ravioli!
We used the Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce for the Ravioli!
These ravioli married with Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce will please any family! I would recommend both the recipe for my ravioli as well as the Delicious Ragu Homestyle Sauce I used!
Want to make homemade ravioli to go with your delicious Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce? Here’s that recipe:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked & cooled
- 1/2 c ricotta
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, kind in plastic can
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp of water
- Extra Ingredients for Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- Place beef in food processor and process till really fine, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until all combined and it looks kinda like Pâté!
- In a food processor add flour, 1 egg, salt and 1/2 a tbsp of the water, pulse until it's like crumbs then add water 1 tbsp at a time till a dough forms.
- Place dough on a very lightly floured board and knead a minute and then wrap in cling wrap and let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes.
- About 3 to 4 minutes before you're ready to start rolling out the dough, mix the egg and 3 tbsp of water to make your egg wash.
- Place dough on board and cut into 2 pieces, I did 4 in the video, but I ended up putting the dough together to make bigger dough to roll out, it just needed more than such a small piece.
- Roll out very, very thin. I even stretched some by hand to make them a little bigger.
- I would do about 4 at a time and I'd egg wash the edges and place pepperoni in center and some cheese on top of that. Seal it closed by pressing the ravioli together.
- I froze them for about an hour and a half till my son was ready for dinner.
- I used a regular sauce pan you'd make a box of macaroni in. Nothing too huge. I got the water salted and boiling.
- I boiled for 4 - 5 minutes then placed them into some warm Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce!
- The dough doesn't make enough for the filling, I would suggest doubling the dough recipe or you can freeze remaining ravioli filling for another time! Enjoy!
Hope you try my recipe with this fabulous sauce and put huge smiles on your family’s face! Enjoy!