Tricks for The Month of October! Italian Stuffed Jack-O-Peppers! #Halloween #Boo
So I got this spookarific idea while making Italian Stuffed Peppers! I thought if we can cut a pumpkin into a Jack-O-Lantern, why can’t we do it to a Bell Pepper??? 🙂 You get where I’m going, yes? I know you do!
So would you like the recipe for these tasty delicious Jack-O-Peppers??? Here ya go, Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/3 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- 2 decent bell peppers (color of your choice)
- 6 provolone slices
- 2 baby bell mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ground meats, seasonings, Italian dressing, parmesan and combine them well.
- Meanwhile cover the mixture of meat and set in fridge.
- Then dice up the mushroom and saute them in butter and just hit them with the same seasonings, but just a little bit. Let those cool and add them to the meat mixture and mix well.
- Next cut the top of the peppers off carefully without damaging the pepper, then cut a face into the side that looks the best.
- After that cut 2 of the provolone slices in half and place in the inside walls of the bell peppers and then stuff them full with the meat! Make a huge mound on top of the pepper!
- Then make a line down it to look like a brain!
- Then bake covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Once it's finished baking place the remaining slices of provolone on top of them peppers and bake till it's melty and done.
- Then serve and eat! Yum!