Chose A Domain That Is Memorable!
Choosing a domain can be one of the hardest things to do! Sometimes I get these Brainiac ideas and I think of a brilliant domain name and I buy it. I used to own over 130 domains, I was addicted to buying them. No, Seriously I was and I finally broke that habit of renewing pointless unused domains. LOL
The domain name is probably the first thing people will see and remember if it’s a great name! So be sure pick a domain name that you like and you’re happy with. The domain will probably be with your for years to come.
You don’t want to rebrand later because it can be difficult and very time consuming experience. So chose wisely or buy a few and run them all! But don’t get carried away it can be overwhelming with several blogs to keep up and update them all. Unless you’re an endless typing machine filled with information that you have to share over several sites.
So what are some great characteristics of a domain name that is memorable:
- Keep it simple, short and easy to spell and easy on the eyes.
- Keep it on topic with your blog and the kind of posts you’re blogging about.
- Keep it catchy, easy to remember, easy to say and flows naturally out of your mouth!
- Try not to use hyphens or numbers in your domain name.
- Be unique and different, but memorable and crafty.
- Don’t use any names that are trademarked or copyrighted by any companies.
I hope this helps you along your blogging journey!