Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies!
I have been at it again. I love this cookie recipe. It’s pretty basic and I have been using it for all the cookies I make just changing the different kinds of flavors. Today I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 c Splenda
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Land O’ Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Watkins Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 c MorningPep Coconut Flour
- 3/4 c Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Now Foods Xanthan Gum
- 3 tbsp MorningPep Unsweetened Raw Dark Cocoa Powder
Directions for cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheet with Silicone Baking Mat for the perfect non stick cookies!
- In a small dish combine all of the dry ingredients except for the sweetener and xanthan gum.
- Next in Mixer put your cream cheese and butter, mix well.
- Add sweetener, mix well.
- Add egg & extract, mix well.
- Add heavy cream, mix well.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet and mix very well.
- I make balls with the cookie dough and place it on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Makes 7 total sandwich cookies
Directions for Cookie Filling:
- In a bowl put your peanut butter and powder sweetener.
- Mash the peanut butter into the sweetener. It may take a few minutes to get it incorporated well.
- It Will Be THICK! We want that, create 7 balls of peanut butter. Place them on the inside of one of the baked cookies and carefully place the bottom side on to the other side and carefully press them together to mash the peanut butter without breaking cookies. I just used my palms to do it. I did crack 2 cookies, but no one complained!
They turned out delicious and are soft cookies and are freaking delicious!