Biscuits that are Low Carb!
I wanted to make a Delicious Southern Style Breakfast that includes Biscuits for the Hubby and I, this morning. So I came up with some biscuits. Now that I’m learning more how to use MorningPep Almond Flour it’s making my life so much easier. I can actually make a delicious Thanksgiving meal with Stuffing! For this recipe You won’t need a lot of ingredients. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 c MorningPep Almond Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c cheddar
- 1/4 c HWC (heavy whipping cream)
- 4 tbsp butter, cold & diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the cheese.
- Add the butter and fork it until you have crumbles of butter and almond flour that you can shape by squeezing it.
- Make a well in the center and add the HWC and egg to the well then stir until well combined.
- Add the cheese and mix that in.
- Once the dough is made either use butter or coconut oil, I used coconut oil and rub it all over your hands so the dough doesn’t stick to them. Form 6 or 7 balls. Mine made 7.
- Place on non-stick pan or parchment paper. I used non-stick foil for mine. Put the balls on the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Breakfast was biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, pancakes with cream cheese and homemade syrup. It was delicious! It’s a huge difference when you no long eat grains. You have to figure out ways to make things work without using stuff like flour. Almond flour is amazing stuff and I really love using the MorningPep Brand!
I’m super shocked how well the almond flour can be subbed out for flour. You can even use some coconut flour in recipes, but it does add a taste of coconut which isn’t impressive to me when it’s a savory dish. So I’ll stick with the Almond Flour! 🙂 Thanks for reading hope you try this recipe, because honestly you’ll love it!