Happy #Birthday to My Sweet Boy! #TeenagerNow
It was a nice day for our son today, it was his 13th birthday and OMG he’s finally a teenager! So I made him an ice cream cake and homemade from scratch pizza.
Want the recipe?
- 2.5 c flour
- 1 c water (warm)
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Start by putting water, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl, let foam up and activate.
- Place dough hook on mixer and add the oil and mix with dough hook.
- Add 2 cups of flour and let mix till it’s completely combined.
- Slowly add the remaining flour until it’s all been added.
- Let mixer knead the dough for about 5 minutes or so, dough will be a little sticky.
- Oil a bowl and scrape the dough into that oiled bowl and put a little oil on top of dough, cover with clingwrap.
- Let rise in an OFF oven with just the oven light on, until it doubles in size.
- In the last few minutes of the dough rising, prep a large cookie sheet with nonstick foil or just oil if your pan is good without the foil.
- Place the dough on the pan and use your fingers to move it around and stretch it out to fit your pan as evenly as possible.
- Place back into the OFF oven with only the light on. Then let rise about 30 more minutes.
- Preheat oven and top with whatever you like. I used sauce, cheese, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms and thai peppers
- Bake for 15 minutes at 500 degrees!
For dessert I made a delicious Birthday cake that wasn’t so decorated, but more so delicious! 🙂 I made a single cake from a box, will not do that again though. Next time I’ll make my homemade recipe. Got a couple cans of caramel pecan icing and a half gallon of samoa ice cream. I made and cut the cake in half to make a double layer. I also shaved the top to make the cake flat. I put some icing on the cake then layered ice cream. Topped with other cake, then put in freezer for a while. Then I frosted the rest and put back in freezer till serving time!
Happy Birthday Leo! 🙂 Love you sweet boy, you’re growing up too fast.