Yeastless Pizza/Calzone Crust! #Pizza #Calzone
I wanted to make pizza tonight and thought “Darn it, I don’t have any yeast!”, so I went with something similar to a biscuit dough. You gotta get creative when you have 2 hungry boys.
So here is what I did to put this delicious pizza/calzone together for my boys.
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter, totally soft
- Place all ingredients in a stand mixer bowl or a mixing bowl you'll mix by hand with. I just used a mixer I was in a rush. Put the dough hook on and mix until thick and a dough is formed.
- Place on a lightly floured board or use silicone baking mat, but flour rolling pin and hands. You may need to pat the board a little bit with flour if it's too sticky.
- I broke my dough into two pieces for a pizza and a calzone.
- Roll out the dough until it is the thickness and size around you want. You can do this all in one dough for pizza too!
- Top/Fill and bake for 12 - 13 minutes for pizza and up to 16 minutes for calzone. I brushed calzone with melted butter, garlic and sprinkled parmesan cheese on it and baked for the last part of those 16 minutes
- 2 people could eat the calzone it was huge! I had it on a platter, the pizza was almost the size of the cookie sheet, but it was a thin pizza. I would say it could feed 3 - 4, possibly 5 or 6 depending on appetites!