Treats for The Month of October! Jack-O-Cakes! #Halloween #Boo
Hey everyone! Here is our second treat for the month of October! Yes, I know this is a breakfast food, but I’m aiming more towards kids for this one! You want to get them to eat breakfast, so why not make it fun for them? My son loved these delicious Jack -O- Cakes! Plus they’re pretty easy to make! I used piping bags to put the face in the pan first using black batter, then put put the orange over it making a pumpkin shape and covering the eyes. Then used a little bit of a dark green batter to make a stalk.
These turned out really cute and delicious! I bet you’d like the recipe, huh?
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/8 c Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/3 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Orange Gel Food Coloring (or you can mix red, yellow and copper to make orange)
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- 3 Piping or Glad Bags
- Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients in a small bowl and stir until mixed well.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until well mixed.
- Separate into three dishes. One just a small amount like a 1/4 c or less to make black, second bowl around 1/8 cup of batter to make green.
- Heat your NON-STICK pan on medium and I did wipe oil around the pan, just to double over the NON-STICK.
- Once pan is hot enough start by making the eyes, nose and mouth with the black batter.
- Cover the eyes nose and mouth with the orange to create a shape of a pumpkin.
- Then quickly add the stalk using the green batter.
- Cook until bubbles form then flip it over.